We offer healthcare service to local, out-of-city and foreign patients thanks to our central location in the center of the European side. Tanfer Hospital stands out in health tourism area with its several departments. We are at the service of our foreign guests with our international patient center. Health tourism is an important alternative form of tourism which is rapidly growing in the last 10-15 years in Turkey and worldwide. The number of people exclusively traveling for medical tourism has exceeded 10 million.
Health Tourism is addressed under 3 main topics:
- Medical Tourism (Procedures carried out in hospitals such as treatments, surgeries and etc.)
- Thermal Tourism (Services offered in thermal facilities such as rehabilitation, relaxation and etc.)
- Tourism for Elderly and the Disabled (Long-term stays in geriatric treatment centers or tablelands accompanied by social activities)
Main reasons for health tourism:
- Insufficiency or absence of services with cutting edge technology and professional human resources in their homelands,
- Desire to have a holiday in addition to having treatment,
- High cost of healthcare services in their homelands,
- Desire to receive more qualified healthcare service,
- Not preferring that the surgery is known in their own country for any reason (aesthetic surgery, infertility treatment and etc.)
- Tourism mobility realized by people live in countries where there is limited opportunity for holiday due to climate and geographical characteristics (traveling to countries having forests, tablelands, historical and cultural wealth) and demanding to have holiday in a country full of thermal facilities and thermal tourism opportunities.
- Persons with chronic diseases, elderly and disabled persons desiring to see different places and have treatment,
- Persons with drug addiction or other types of addictions desiring to be in different or more appropriate environments,
- For a person’s attachment to life and desire for life